Wedding Countdown

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Monday, September 13, 2010

Summer Celebrity Weddings of 2010

As fall is rapidly approaching, I was thinking about all of the fabulous celebrity weddings that occurred this past summer. The wedding that received the most hype was definitely Chelsea Clinton's wedding. I LOVED Chelsea's dress (a Vera Wang). Classic and timeless! Chelsea really looked gorgeous.

I also thought Carrie Underwood's wedding was beautiful. She looked great (as always) but I was a little surprised by her dress choice (a Monique Lhuillier). I personally, am not a fan of a lacy see-through corset bodice. I think it looks a little too much like lingerie. I love lacy wedding gowns but I think a wedding gown shouldn't shed too much skin. I personally love Pnina Tornai (that's who I thought originally designed Carrie's dress), but think her wedding gowns are a little too sexy and show too much skin. A lot of brides-to-be on TLC's Say Yes To The Dress buy Pnina Tornai gowns, but I just don't know if I'd feel comfortable walking down the aisle in a lingerie type bodice. To each their own I suppose!

What are some of your favorite celebrity weddings and gowns?





2 comments:

Em said...

This is mc_emily from the May 2011 board on The Knot. My hands-down favorite celebrity wedding, maybe favorite wedding of all time? Jenna Bush-Hager's. When I was maid of honor in one friend's wedding, and she was getting photographed, we were like, "Think Jenna!" And now that I'm trying on dresses, she's like, "Ooh, very Jenna."

Renee said...

Emily, that is just too adorable! Love it!

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio