Wedding Countdown

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Color Palette

One of the first questions a bride gets asked is what her colors are for her wedding. This has definitely held true since I've been engaged!

When I think of wedding colors the move "Steel Magnolias" comes to mind. Ladies, are you with me?! I love the infamous scene in the movie where all the ladies are getting their hair done at Truvie's and asking Shelby (Julia Roberts) what her colors are. "My colors are Blush and Bashful"! Her mother (Sally Fields) replies, "her colors are pink and pink".... "the church is going to look like it was doused with Pepto Bismol..."

I absolutely adore that movie! Don’t you?!

What girl doesn't love pink for her wedding?!

And so without further adieu, I present my color palette to you!!!

Blush Pink (light pink and all varying shades thereof)
Tiffany Blue (light turquoise/aqua)
Gold (hints of varying metallics)
Ivory/Creams
Celadon

My colors are basically a classic pastel spring palette. I personally do not believe brides should stick to one color. Sometimes it can be a little overpowering. More times than not, I have seen Tiffany Blue way overdone and overused. Tiffany Blue in itself is beautiful and elegant (and why shouldn't it be; Tiffany and Co. is the epitome of class!). I just don't think everything in a wedding has to have a theme and has to match 100 percent. My theme for my wedding is classic, traditional, understated elegance. All of my colors/venue/stationery/flowers/bridesmaid dresses, etc. will all be reflect my overall theme, just not all in the same colors. For instance, I will incorporate Tiffany Blue into my stationery and favors; blush pink by way of the bridesmaid dresses and flowers; metallics will be found at our venue and table décor… I think it will all tie in beautifully.

The best description I can give you of my color palette is from wedding book called "Style Your Dream Wedding" by Susie Coelho.

What do you think of my color palette? What are your favorite wedding colors?


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio