Wedding Countdown

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Friday, August 20, 2010

Bridesmaid Cards

Choosing your bridesmaids is a pretty big deal in my opinion. It's something that shouldn't be taken lightly. You should never feel obligated to ask someone to be in your wedding because you were in theirs, or because they are are family (however, it is a nice gesture), or because if you ask this person, than you have to ask this person.... These are the people that will standing up with you at the alter and supporting you and your marriage. These people you ask to stand up with you should be the truest of friends. I am very lucky to have a lot of great friends but 4 wonderful gals quickly came to mind: Emmy, Sarina, Kim, and Colleen.

Instead of just asking them over the phone or in person to be my bridesmaids, I decided to do something special. I made them very personalized cards and baked them my famous sugar cookie cut-outs. A lot of love and hard work went into these gifts!

I thought it would be funny to find pictures online of hideous bridesmaid dresses and paste those on a card and cut-out the faces of my friends with the saying "If I promise not to make you wear this"..... open the the card.... "Will you be my bridesmaid?" I also put a sentimental poem/note inside each card. Needless to say, the cards were a huge hit. My ladies loved the cards and we had a lot of laughs.

How did you ask your gal pals to be in your wedding?!













0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio