Wedding Countdown

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Reception Centerpiece Mock-Up

The other week we met with our floral designer, Kevin Ford (Ford-Ellington) to finalize our floral budget and further discuss floral details. Kevin was working on a wedding for that upcoming Saturday and since that bride had similar flowers as I have chosen, Kevin did a quick mock-up for us.

Now our floral centerpieces won't look exactly like the pic below, but you get the general idea... I really love varying shades of pink roses, hydrangea, and green hanging amaranthus (our centerpieces will not contain orchids). Lucky for Kevin, I knew exactly what type of flowers/design I wanted (inspired but the utterly fabulous Preston Bailey). I will elaborate more on my reception decor/inspiration in a later post.

We will be having a mix of varying heights of centerpieces: low, medium, and high. We'll be doing quite a few high because Music Hall has really high ceilings and higher centerpieces help frame the space. We will also be doing a mix of candelabra, vases, and flower bowls. We will also be using a lot of candles! Kevin's mock-up features the tall candelabra.



1 comments:

mackyton said...

Truly this reception centerpiece looks so classy. One of my cousin’s wedding is in next month. She will have DIY party at event venue Chicago. I saw her decoration stuff that she has created. Each and everything is awesome. I will suggest at this centrepiece too to her.

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio