Wedding Countdown

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Wedding Cake

Over Memorial Day Weekend, David and I went to two cake tastings. That's right, two!Double trouble! (I have big sweet tooth.) I am happy to report that we booked our wedding cake bakery: Maribelle Cakery (located in the Reading Bridal District)!

We will be having a 5 tier round cake (4 flavors). No pillars or cake parts showing. White/ivory buttercream frosting (I'm personally not a big fan of fondant). And now for the flavors....

WHITE CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH MOCHA AND RASPBERRY
"We will create our classic, signature cake for you by folding rich, Vermont butter into Coco butter for frosting. This covers a light, white cake complimented by the addition of Callebaut’s white chocolate. Individual layers are separated with our rich and creamy homemade mocha fudge & Oregan Red Raspberry preserves." -Maribelle Cakery Website

CHOCOLATE TRUFFLE CAKE
"This is sure to be a big hit at your reception or rehearsal dinner! A dark chocolate cake is filled with Bailey's Irish Cream, and frosted with chocolate truffle. We don't stop there! The top is finished with our famous dark chocolate curls. A real showstopper!" -Maribelle Cakery Website

TIRAMISU
"We begin with our delicate buttery genoise soaked in a hazelnut-coffee liqueur. We then paint it with a rich chocolate ganache, topped off with a white chocolate Gran Marnier-style mousse. Top it with a tiara and call it Tiaramisu!" -Maribelle Cakery Website

LEMON ALMOND PISTACHIO TORTE
"A light and luscious almond butter cake with a hint of lemon and the added punch of pistachio buttercream and raspberry filling. The contrast in colors is stunningly beautiful, and the flavor will make a lasting impression. We created this cake for the summer weddings of our founders, Beth Anne & Marybeth. Our new favorite!" -Maribelle Cakery Website

Is your mouth watering yet?!

David and I will be cutting into the white chocolate cake with mocha and raspberry filling. Although, I'm sure I will have a piece of each flavor. ;)

It is sort of ironic that we are having tiramisu flavored cake as one of our layers. The first time I had tiramisu, I was about 10-11 years old. I was immediately hooked! I even had my grandmother make it for my birthday dessert (instead of a birthday cake)that year. I remember saying "when I get older and get married, I want to have tiramisu for my wedding cake"!!!

Nonetheless, I am so glad we booked Maribelle Cakery. They are the best! It isn't enough that a cake just looks a certain way. It has to be exceptional in every way!

For more information about Maribelle Cakery, please visit their website:
http://www.maribellecakerycincinnati.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio