Wedding Countdown

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Wedding Cake Update

I've been a blogging slacker since the I left for The Wedding MBA Conference in Las Vegas at the end of September (it was a great conference by the way!).

The weekend after I got back from my trip we received a letter from our bakery, Maribelle, stating that they were closing up shop and they returned our deposit. I was pretty bummed because their cake was to die for.

On the other hand, I had been thinking that I wasn't in-love with our cake design. It was pretty - but somewhat ordinary. I wanted better (dream bigger - that's my motto!). So I guess Maribelle closing was a sign from the wedding gods. Back to the drawing board for us...

Dave and I immediately set up 2 cake tastings: one at Sweet Water Bakehouse in the Reading Bridal District, and the other at A Spoon Fulla Sugar in Symmes Township. Both were wonderful and we are confident that they could each deliver what we want. We do have a third tasting appointment at Bakery Hill (Midwest Culinary Institute - Cincinnati State) on November 20th (she couldn't meet with us sooner). As David said as soon as he read the letter from Maribelle "If you have to repeat any of the wedding planning process - the cake tasting is the best part to repeat!"

I'll let you know who we end up contracting with. I definitely see sugar flowers and red velvet cake in our future though!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio